One of three Barber Saab Pro Series race cars known to still exist.
Description:One of only three Barber Saab Pro Series race cars known to still exist. Mondiale chassis VIN #003 with a Saab 2.0-liter, 4-cylinder, turbocharged engine and Hewland gearbox. Great, durable and historical vintage race car.
- History: This car competed in the Barber Saab Pro Series for several years starting in the first season in 1986. It was turned into a "roller" of a show car used to promote the racing series during the last couple seasons of the series. The chassis' of all Barber Saab Pro Series cars were constructed by Mondiale Cars out of Ireland while many ancillary components like the front and rear wing structures, etc. were fabricated for Mondiale by SPA in England. A great overview of the Barber Saab Pro Series, the many great drivers that started their pro driving careers in it and the champions of each year of the series can be found on Wikipedia at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barber_Pro_Series.
- Recent Competition History: Raced by many upcoming professional drivers at the start of their professional careers like Juan Pablo Montoya, Ryan Hunter-Reay, Townsend Bell, Robbie Buhl, Justin Bell, Juan Manual Fangio II, Robby Unser, A.J. Allmendinger, Kenny Brack, Derek Hill, etc.
- Class: Barber Saab Pro
- Weight: 1100 lbs
- Engine Builder: Saab
- Engine Manufacturer: Saab
- Engine Type: 2.0-liter 4-cylinder
- Displacement: 2.0-liter
- Horsepower: 225HP
- Torque: 220 lb.-ft.
- Induction: Turbocharged
- Heads: dual overhead cam, 16-valve cylinder head, 4 valves per cylinder
- Block: 2.0-liter cast iron block
- Main Caps: Saab stock
- Crankshaft: Saab stock
- Connecting Rods: Saab stock
- Pistons: Saab stock
- Camshaft: Saab stock
- Valves: Saab stock
- Valve Train: Saab stock
- Clutch: Saab stock
- Flywheel: Saab stock
- Exhaust: Saab stock cast iron exhaust manifold
- Fuel Cell
- Age: needs one
- Fuel Pump: in fuel cell
- Fuel Type: Premium unleaded pump gas
- Radiator: Two.
- Water Rad Location: One in each sidepod of the car.
- Water Pump: Saab stock
- Oil Cooler: Yes.
- Oil Cooler Location: Housed in the left sidepod of the car.
- Ignition: Saab stock
- Alternator: Saab stock
- Battery: Racing cell battery located in front of seat in cockpit.
- Computer: Saab - Bosch LH Fuel Injection & APC Boost Control Computers.
- Transmission Manufacturer: Hewland
- Type: FT201
- Gears: 4
- Shifter: Manual lever right side in cockpit.
- Trans Cooler: No.
- Rear End Manufacturer: Hewland
- Type: Transaxle.
- Cooler: No.
- Case: Transaxle.
- Differential: Transaxle.
- Construction: Fiberglass
- Color: Currently red.
- Condition: Excellent with spares and original main body and nose cone molds.
- Notes: Have 3-4 extra main bodies, 3-4 extra side pods and a few extra noses plus original molds.
- Chassis Type: Spaceframe
- Builder: Mondiale
- Material: Steel
- Finish: Painted
- Condition: Excellent
- Front Suspension: Upper lever-arm, lower a-arm, painted. Mostly good, but need one lower a-arm fabricated.
- Rear Suspension: Upper lever-arm, lower a-arm, painted. Excellent condition and have spares.
- Shocks: Koni adjustable, about 6-8 sets. Need rebuilding.
- Brakes: Saab rotors, Racing calipers and pads.
- Material: Aluminum, steel fiberglass.
- Fire System: Yes.
- Restraints: 5-point harness
- Gauges: Yes.
- Steering Wheel: Momo, removable.
- Spare Part: 1 Block and 1 cylinder head.
- Spare Part: 6-8 sets of Koni adjustable shocks and several sets various rate Eibach springs.
- Spare Part: 1 Hewland gearbox and 2 Hewland cases.
- Spare Part: Complete new set of front wings fabricated by SPA in England.
- Spare Part: Complete spare rear susension.
- Spare Part: Complete new rear wing and new upright fabricated by SPA in England.
- Spare Part: Multiple extra fiberglass body panels and orig. molds for main body and nose.
Joined January 2009
Seller's other listings
|Country:||United States of America|
+1 737 241 3999
+1 737 241 3999
|Trade or Private:||Private|
Make an Offer
Share by Email