1983 Van Diemen RF83 Formula Ford
Serial Number: VD83/708
Gearbox Number: tbd
Logbooks: FIA Form
Condition: excellent, race ready
$8,750 $8,000 USD
The current owner has not used the car since it
was completely looked through and race prepared with a lot of new parts.
A new fire system, new master cylinders, and new guages, and new pads and tyres are typical of the
components which have been replaced. Both the chassis and bodywork were resprayed during the go-thru,
which amounted to a virtual restoration.
The last evolution of the Dave Baldwin chassis which gave Van Diemen and its drivers very successful years
between 1977 and 1983. Fitted with a narrow track, this car had a good top speed although probably at the
expense of handling. Usually considered as the end of an era, this model however proves to be quite
competitive in the Oldies Formula Ford series. A wider tracked version was used in Formula Ford 2000
with side radiators.
This particular car was purchased new in 1983 by Andy Middlehurst (UK) who competed in the British
P&O Ferries Formula Ford
Championship the same year and finished a very creditable second. The car also took part in the
Formula Ford Festival at Brands Hatch and finished 8th overall, due to a spin in the last lap.
From 1984 until 1987, the car was at the Silverstone Racing School. It belonged to Killian Konig (UK)
between 1988 and 1998 who used it only occasionally.
Recent Competition History
No recent racing history.
Ready to race.
- Ford "Kent" 1600cc.
- Minister prepared to European specification.
- dry sumped
- Van Diemen exhaust system
- Aluminium tank separated from cockpit by enclosing aluminium plates.
- Original Van Diemen aluminium oil tank
- No oil cooler
- Front water radiator, checked throughout
- Lumenition electronic ignition
- Hewland Mk9
- New clutch master and slave cylinders
- Integral with hewland transaxle
- Original fiberglass bodywork in good condition
- recently sprayed in Mc Laren orange
- New aluminium side panels
- Arch Motors built spaceframe
- recently checked and resprayed
- Dampers: Girling
- Front Suspension: inboard with top rockers and lower wishbone
- Rear Suspension: inboard with top rockers and lower wishbones
- Steering: proprietary rack and pinion.
- Brakes: new master cylinders, outboard discs front and rear, rebuilt Lockheed Formula Ford calipers, new Mintex brake pads.
- Wheels: 5.5 x 13 steel wheels. Painted black. Brand new Avon ACB9 Formula Ford treaded tyres
- New FIA homologated Lifeline 2.25 litre Club Fire Marshal plumbed in fire system
- 6 point Britax/Sabelt racing harness
- Jones mechanical rev counter
- New Racetech water temperature gauge
- Racetech oil pressure gauge
- rear anti-roll bar adjustable from the cockpit
- balance bar adjustable from the cockpit
- CONTACT SALES
- PRINTING SPECS
| Race Cars For Sale
| New Listings
| Sell Your Car |
| Parts For Sale
| Parts Wanted
| Open Forum
| Site Search
| Marque Ref
| Marque links
| Currency |