1975 Eisert Formula A/5000
Serial Number: tbd
$10,000 $9000 USD Offers
Location: North Carolina (East Coast) US
Video Clip available
This is an early seventies Eisert Formula A/5000 virtually complete rolling chassis, no engine
or gearbox but with original tub in excellent condition.
With the exception of the engine and gearbox the car is very complete, missing only a rear upright lower
rod and front upright lower stub pin to be on it's wheels. The car includes the complete cooling system
including radiator and fabricated alloy cooling lines. There is bodywork, somewhat damaged, and front
wings. There is one set of original wheels and some suspension spares.
The first six photos were taken about 10 years ago and show the car in a more completely assembled
and slightly better condition than it is at present. The last two photos show the car when it was last
complete. The remaining photos are from a recent video tape and these and the website video clip show
the car in it's current condition.
Jerry Eisert was a builder of Indy and Formula A/5000 cars based in Cost Mesa California.
This car was owned by Kenny Hamilton of Boise Idaho, father of Davey Hamilton of Super Modified and
IRL fame. The car was intended to be run as a Super Modified but was too fragile for that rough and
Little else is known of the history of this car. Setup sheets are signed by Bill Moir of Interscope Racing.
The car is known to have run both Ford and Chevy engines, the cutouts in the top of the engine bay tub
sections were made to accomodate a Ford.
We would be grateful if anyone could provide more information on this car or constructor.
Recent Competition History
- ran with Ford or Chevy small blocks
- complete set of original fuel cells
- front water rad and cooling lines with car
- fibreglass cockpit cowling, distorted from age
- chisel nose section, damaged
- "dive plane" front wing assembly in alloy
- aluminum semi-monocoque with alloy skins riveted to square-tube frame, very good condition
- Dampers: yes, type unknown
- Front Suspension: top link, trailing arm, lower wishbone, coil over, mag urights
- Rear Suspension: top link, lower reversed wishbone, dual trailing arm, coil over, mag uprights
- Steering: Schroeder rack and pinion
- Brakes: disk, believed to be Lockheed
- Wheels: original mags
- Jones tach
- interior upholstery
- all driver controls including pedals, shift linkage, steering wheel
- front upright
- assorted spindles and suspension components
- CONTACT SALES
- PRINTING SPECS
| Race Cars For Sale
| New Listings
| Sell Your Car |
| Parts For Sale
| Parts Wanted
| Open Forum
| Site Search
| Marque Ref
| Marque links
| Currency |