1980 Lola T-590 Sports 2000
Serial Number: HU27
Gearbox Number: H9 3419
Condition: Very Good to Excellent
Price: $11,000 USD
Location: West Texas, US
A remarkably original and unmolested car, it was spared the usual late-in-life career
in Regional racing and went directly from a National campaign to an autocross career.
The current owner has attempted
to bring the car back into road racing trim.
It only needs the (repaired) fuel cell reinstalled.
Car currently has an aluminum fuel tank in place
of the fuel cell. The owner is reluctantly selling due to a
baby on the way.
Lola T-590 # 27 of only 46 T-590s built,
it was originally exported from England to
Carl Haas on 12/5/80. The original
color was red.
Raced nationally until 1990, the car raced
at the Valvoline Road Race Classic (predecessor to
the Runoffs) in 1985. The car was purchased in
1990, and minor front end damage was repaired
by previous owner. It was then autocrossed in
the West Texas Region for the next 7 years.
car has been VERY competitive. The car was purchased
by the current owner in November 1997.
Recent Competition History
Autocross Only since 1991
- Ford 2 liter OHC
- Titan dry sump
- Aluminum Fuel Tank
- Uninstalled fuel cell, Repaired June 1998 by Avcells in Carrollton Texas
- oil cooler (not installed)
- 2 side water radiators
- MSD MSD-6AL ignition with rev limiter
- Hewland in unit with gearbox
- fiberglass, 3 piece, painted February 1998 (Nissan Red)
- New Cipa Center Mirror (May 1998)
- New Racetech RH Mirror (August 1998)
- Black Fiberglass Rollbar cover (not installed)
- aluminum monocoque
- Extra Stiffeners in front to protect against Pylon damage.
- Dampers: Bilsteins?
- Front Suspension: double wishbone, coil over, adjustable front bar
- Rear Suspension: lower a-arm, top link, dual trailing rods, coil over
- Steering: proprietary rack
- Brakes: disk all 4 corners, Tilton Master Cylinders
- Wheels: 4 Compomotives
- New AutoPro Belts
- Electrical Fire Extinguisher System
- Jones Tach, Yenkay oil, Autometer water gauges
- Autometer Shift light
- original Motolita wheel
- 6 Revolution wheels
- Engine Block
- Cylinder head
- Spare 26/25 gear
- Spare original Lockheed master cylinders
- Spare Tires
- CONTACT SALES
- PRINTING SPECS
| Race Cars For Sale
| New Listings
| Sell Your Car |
| Parts For Sale
| Parts Wanted
| Open Forum
| Site Search
| Marque Ref
| Marque links
| Currency |