1973 Chevron B23 Sports Racer
Frame Number: AM 73-14
Engine Number: 420 S 72312
Gearbox Number: 556
Price: £47,500 GBP (approx. $77,000 USD) Firm
Location: Leics., England
This truly is a rare opportunity to
purchase a very straight, honest, and unmolested Chevron 2 Litre sports car.
Featuring a Hart 420 S alloy block BDG it should be just about the ultimate specification
for it's class.
The bodywork is original, as is the tub save for the outer sill covers. Original
Bilstiens and original calipers are still on the car. It has apparaently not been raced
or even run since the mid '80s.
Sold to Mr. M. Marcatelli in 1973 via Eris Tondelli, Chevron's Italian agent. Much of the
Italian history is currently unknown but, seeing as the car is fitted with an FT200 gearbox we
would think the car was for National races. (These being shorter, the FG400 was not considered
necessary). Period photos accompany the car showing it with Italian stickers and an effort is
underway to further research the history using these. The car has a non-original fire pull mounted
on the right side of the rollover hoop. All cars in Europe were required to have this circa 1975.
The car was purchased in Rome from a Mr. Vitorugo
Girolami in May of 1986 by a firm of Belgium race car dealers "Automobile Apal", these people
were very active in the buying and selling of very high profile vintage race cars and, were
considered very knowledgeable. When Apal purchased the car it had a damaged FVC fitted. This was
removed and replaced with the Hart 420S currently fitted. Another photo with the car shows the
FVC fitted contemporary with the Italian workshop photos.
Apal sold the car to a Monsier Defourny who the current owner purchased the car from.
Recent Competition History
- 2 Litre Hart 420 S
- Alloy Block BDG by Brian Hart
- dry sumped
- Original Lucas metered fuel injection
- Period bag tank and original Chevron fuel collection system.
- Period radiator and cooling system
- Hewland in unit with gearbox
- Fibreglass nose, engine cover, and doors, alloy sills
- alloy monocoque with tubular subframes in excellent condition
- Dampers: Bilstien
- Front Suspension: top link, trailing rod, lower wishbone, coil over
- Rear Suspension: top link, lower reversed wishbone, dual trailing rods
- Steering: proprietary rack
- Brakes: Girling four pot front, Girling two pot rear
- Wheels: Period BBS split rims
- Weight: tbd
- fire system
- chronometric tacho
- Set of cast Magnesium Chevron wheels
- CONTACT SALES
- PRINTING SPECS
| Race Cars For Sale
| New Listings
| Sell Your Car |
| Parts For Sale
| Parts Wanted
| Open Forum
| Site Search
| Marque Ref
| Marque links
| Currency |